Working on cutting edge technology to create innovative, immersive attractions. You’ll be involved in pre sale, design, prototyping and development of theme park attractions for the global market. You’ll be responsible for the integrity of mechanical designs, ensuring that ideas are translated into reality in a safe and compliant way. You will cover the whole project lifecycle from feasibility through concept design, detailed design, testing, build, operations and maintenance.
You will have:
- Proficiency in engineering analysis and calculations, with the ability to calculate from first principles
- Proficiency in structures engineering and the use of Finite Element Analysis
- Experience in calculating inertial loads and dynamic loads
- Engineering diagnostic skills and knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to produce specifications and develop scope of work documentation.
- Experience of hazard identification and risk assessment
- Ability to compile concise and informative design review reports
- Ability to identify errors and possible improvements in technical documents
- Experience in identification and implementation of technical improvements in design, production and installation plans
- Experience in identification of relevant design standards and ensuring that work meets all relevant standards
- Understanding of installation, maintenance and commissioning procedures
- Experienced in liaising with Goods In to ensure efficient, cost effective purchasing of materials for project build and installations
- Effective communication skills, particularly in explaining complex engineering realities to non-engineers
- Confidence in managing projects, ensuring time, cost and quality standards are met
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and requirements, and find creative solutions to complex problems
- Masters level qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced 3D CAD skills in AutoCAD, Inventor and/or SolidWorks
- ADIPS Registration would be an advantage
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Claudine McClean on +44 (0) 1455 553924 for an informal conversation.