This is a varied but demanding role that will be responsible for supporting the Head of Finance with all financial administration tasks.
- All accounts payable duties, which includes processing supplier invoices, reconciliation of statements, management of all payments,
- Processing and management of staff expenses and company credit cards
- Involvement in raising purchase orders for non-project related expense
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register
- Preparation and processing of monthly journals including prepayments and depreciation
- Prepare Sales invoices and undertake credit control duties.
- Preparation of monthly reports
- Assistance in ad hoc financial and business support tasks.
The role will also include broader administrative tasks as part of the business support team within the business. Duties will include:
- Providing holiday/sickness cover for other Business Support Staff.
- Answering of phones and dealing with visitors to the company when required
- Providing administrative support to other areas of the business where necessary.
- To document and keep updated processes with in the business support team
- Ideally AAT or equivalent experience
- Strong Excel skills and familiarity with Accounting packages, ideally Exchequer
- Experience working as an accounts assistant with hands on experience of accounts payable and receivable duties.
- Experience of working a multi-company / multi-currency environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to challenge and scrutinise financial transactions
- Highly motivated, team player and with a commitment to financial accuracy and business excellence.
Critical Success Factors Of The Role:
- be accurate and have a ‘right first time’ approach to all tasks
- operate to the highest standards of integrity, showing complete discretion and confidentiality around sensitive information
- earn the trust of your manager and the Directors of the company
- be organised and structured in the way you work
- have a real attention to detail to all the work you produce
- effectively work under pressure and deliver to strict deadlines