To successfully develop new, innovative software applications, and to support and enhance existing software applications in immersive and interactive technologies. We are looking for candidates from a wide range of experience levels and from all aspects of the software development process – specification, architecture design, user interface design, real time 3D rendering, back end application development and testing.
- Create custom 3D VR or AR applications in both simulation and entertainment sectors. This could involve creating applications for mobile devices right through to interactive theme park rides.
- Develop and maintain our software framework, a C++/ C# based suite of tools and 3D rendering engine for all Virtual Reality, Visualisation, and Interactive Gaming content
- To develop, write and document code to professional standards of architectural integrity and robust performance
- To assist with the initial installation and configuration of new Holovis software at customer sites
- Make valuable and timely contributions to all necessary development meetings
- Deliver to timetable and the required standard all documentation following completion of application
- Resolve technical issues arising from hardware changes, new operating systems etc.
- Test software before handing to support (for final testing before release)
Essential Skills and Experience
- Software Application Development experience
- Object-oriented C++/C# / Windows and Linux experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Git or similar source control system experience
- Experience with the Unity or Unreal game engines
- Degree level qualification in maths, science or engineering (Masters preferred)
Bonus Skills and Experience – it would be great if you had some of these
- Requirements gathering and analysis and translation to software user stories / data mapping
- Working with customers directly
- DevOps skills: Configuration management, server management and specification, deployment tools (chef, Wix etc)
- Agile experience
- Mobile / tablets native app development
- Working knowledge of C / C++
- Knowledge of 3D graphics rendering
- Integration of new hardware technologies into our current framework
- Knowledge of clustering, and multiple display solutions
- SQL (Primarily MySQL, but we have also used MS SQL Server)
- OpenGL and/or DirectX
Contact us now. Send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Show us something interesting.