This role focuses on managing the introduction of new technologies for the attraction industry.
- To manage and deliver theme park attraction technology, focused on systems integration technologies for AV, VR, AR, software development and media scopes of work, including pre-show, set, ride, audio visual, lighting and control systems. To maintain the schedule and budget.
- To maintain communication with the multi-national teams and clients involved in a project, working with them to design and execute projects.
- To understand the goals each team has with deploying their technology and software packages in projects, building and managing specific mock ups to meet these test goals and an accelerated schedule.
- To manage projects and programmes of work in the US and globally, including hardware and the associated software programming and media.
1. Delivery of technology for major attractions industry projects
2. Reporting on the progress of projects using MS Project, MS Excel, Confluence and Jira
3. Establishing and agreeing baseline project scope, budget and timescales
4. Identifying and managing dependencies which may affect the success of the project, including 3rd party activities
5. Managing resources, equipment, and the procurement of items for projects, maintaining an effective project audit trail
1. Reporting to the Project Director, planning and managing the deployment of resources to meet project milestones
2. Setting achievable objectives and taking responsibility for making decisions and for providing constructive feedback
3. Managing sponsor and other stakeholder expectations through regular reporting and communication
1. Managing projects to budget and producing budget reports for work done and forecasts for future costs
2. Reviewing project profitability and margin performance
3. Assuring project legal documents are completed and signed
- A degree in a software or engineering discipline
- Experience of having managed attractions industry projects end to end, with full budget responsibility over $1m or more in spend per project
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Happy to travel, you’ll need to spend nights away, in the US, and internationally, you may need to work nights and weekends to ensure that testing is completed at the optimum times
- Experience of working with international teams of engineers and creatives across borders would be great
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your resume to email@example.com