Primary Job Purpose:
To successfully develop new, innovative software applications, and to support and enhance existing software applications in immersive and interactive technologies. We are looking for candidates from a wide range of experience levels and from all aspects of the software development process – specification, architecture design, user interface design, real time 3D rendering, back end application development and testing.
Experience with the Unity 3D game engine highly desirable.
- Create custom 3D VR or AR applications in both industry and entertainment sectors. This could involve creating applications for mobile devices right through to high end visualisation systems such as CAVEs or interactive theme park rides.
- Develop and maintain our software framework, a C# based suite of tools and 3D rendering engine for all Virtual Reality, Scientific Visualisation, and Interactive Gaming content
- To develop middleware and actual content based on Unity Game Engine
- To contribute to R&D for VR, AR and AI development that is able to link into our existing framework
- To develop, write and document code to professional standards of architectural integrity and robust performance
- To help develop artificial intelligence programmes, to write algorithms
- To assist with the initial installation and configuration of new Holovis software at customer sites, events or trade shows
- Make valuable and timely contributions to all necessary development meetings
- Deliver to timetable and the required standard all documentation following completion of application
- Resolve technical issues arising from hardware changes, new operating systems etc.
- Test software before handing to support (for final testing before release).
- Manage personal resources available for a project
- Review new and over the horizon technologies that may be used on future projects.
- Test new application features work as required.
- Test that new features can be added to existing system (when possible).
Essential Skills and Experience
- Software Application Development experience
- Object-oriented C# / .NET programming skills and experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- An entrepreneurial attitude and enthusiasm for learning new software and hardware technologies
- Mathematical, scientific and engineering skills
- Git or similar source control system experience
- Working knowledge of C / C++
- Knowledge of 3D graphics rendering
- Experience with the Unity or Unreal game engines
- Degree level qualification in maths, science or engineering (Masters preferred)
Bonus Skills and Experience – it would be great if you had some of these
- Requirements gathering and analysis and translation to software user stories / data mapping
- Working with customers directly
- DevOps skills: Configuration management, server management and specification, deployment tools (chef, Wix etc)
- Agile experience
- Mobile / tablets native app development
- R&D for web and mobile application development that is able to link into our existing framework
- Integration of new hardware technologies into our current framework
- Knowledge of clustering, and multiple display solutions
- SQL (Primarily MySQL, but we have also used MS SQL Server)
- OpenGL and/or DirectX
Contact us now. Send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Show us something interesting. When you apply for a role at Holovis you will be sending us personal data. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice before agreeing to send us you data.
|Job Category||Current Jobs|
|Duration of employmen||Permanent|