To lead the development of innovative and custom software platforms for immersive and interactive theme park attractions, with a focus on designing, configuring, and implementing the systems architecture for the networked computer and hardware systems required for such attractions. You will lead the development of the systems architecture, working with an internal and client-based team of experts on attraction technology to collaboratively design, develop and implement a computer architecture that incorporate a wide variety of computers, PLC systems and additional devices. You will lead the software development and the software team required for the implementation of the custom system solutions, the client interaction and the in-field implementation of the system.
This is a permanent, employed role, based in our Orlando office with significant national and international travel to the location where the attractions are located (up to 80% during the implementation and testing of the system at the attraction location).
- To lead the client interaction around the technical development of the solution
- To develop and document code to professional standards of architectural integrity and robustness
- Make valuable and timely contributions to all development meetings
- Deliver to timetable the required standard of documentation
- Resolve technical issues arising from hardware changes, new operating systems, etc.
- Develop testing plans and oversee the software testing phase
- Create work packages for colleagues and coach them as required
- Lead the implementation and testing of the solution in-field at the attraction location.
Essential Skill and Experience:
- Knowledgeable and experienced both in the design and implementation of systems as well as software development for custom solutions, i.e. programming the code
- Experienced at working with the client at decision maker level
- Gathering requirements and negotiating outputs
- Design and implementation of systems featuring Linux and Windows, client and server software
- Solid TCP/IP networking understanding (routing and switching)
- Experience with systems architecture that integrated PLC-based mechanical systems, especially in the fields of industrial automation and/or simulators
- C++ software development
- Database design, development and implementation
- Git or similar source control system experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
It would be nice if you had these, but they aren’t essential:
- Embedded systems design
- Experience with the Unity or Unreal game engines
- Low level computer language understanding
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Current Jobs|
|Duration of employmen||Permanent|