To lead the design, development and implementation of innovative and custom software systems for immersive and interactive theme park attractions with a focus on designing, configuring, and implementing the systems architecture for the networked computer systems required for such attractions. You will work with an internal and client-based team of experts on attraction technology to collaboratively design, develop and implement a system architecture that incorporates a wide variety of computers, PLC systems and additional devices. You will lead the software development and the software team required for the implementation of the custom solutions, the client interaction, and the in-field implementation of the system.
This is a permanent, employed role based in our Orlando office with significant national and international travel to the location where the attractions are located. Deployment durations can vary depending on the scale and complexity of the solution being implemented, including up to a year at a time during the implementation and testing of the system at the attraction location.
- To lead the client interaction around the technical development of the solution
- To develop and document code to professional standards of architectural integrity and robustness
- To develop and document code to a client’s specifications
- Make valuable and timely contributions to all development meetings
- Deliver to timetable the required standard of documentation
- Resolve technical issues arising from hardware changes, new operating systems, etc.
- Develop testing plans and oversee the software testing and commissioning phase
- Create work packages for colleagues and coach them as required
- Lead the implementation and testing of the solution in-field at the attraction location
- Deliver programming tasks as required
Essential Skill and Experience:
- Knowledgeable and experienced both in the design and implementation of integrated systems as well as software development for custom solutions, i.e. writing the code
- Experienced at working with clients at a decision maker level
- Gathering requirements and negotiating outputs
- Experience with systems architecture that integrates PLC-based mechanical systems such as Rockwell’s or Siemens’
- Solid operating systems understanding of Windows and Linux
- Solid networking understanding
- C++ software development
- Source control experience, Perforce and Git preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
It would be nice if you had these, but they aren’t essential:
- Experience with the Unity or Unreal game engines
- C# software development
- OS Scripting languages such as PowerShell, Batch, and Bash
- Knowledge of microcontrollers and embedded systems
- Knowledge of agile planning solutions (ex. Jira, Hansoft)
- System Administration
You are a steadfast problem solver. You have a proven track record of bringing robust software systems to market in themed entertainment experiences, simulations, or a similar industry. You will inspire confidence in others while maintaining a high level of performance. You have the ability to work in an area that is under construction and the ability to physically engage with ride vehicles and other themed attraction hardware. Your eye for detail remains sharp no matter how many times you’ve done something. You have the credibility to engage with software developers, engineers, creatives, and senior executives on their own terms. You’ll be comfortable co-ordinating the work of others, but with personal delivery of results as your key output.
You will have the right to live and work in the USA.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com, and show us something interesting.
|Job Category||Current Jobs|
|Duration of employmen||Permanent|